Join FACL for the launch of its Women's Initiative, involving an interactive, informative and lively discussion with a panel of women lawyers from different experience levels, sectors and ethnicities. The panel will be followed by Q&A and a cocktail reception. The purpose of this event is to explore the unique experience of racialized women lawyers, build a sense of community and solidarity among its members in Ontario, and to provide tools and resources for racialized women lawyers to address challenges and realize opportunities. Focusing on gender and ethnicity, speakers will cover topics ranging from LSUC's Racialized Report, workplace harassment, stereotyping and exploitation, to entrepreneurship and rainmaking, to work-life balance. This event will be CPD accredited.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr. Lilian Ma - Former Alternate Executive Chair of Social Justice Tribunals Ontario and former Associate Chair of the Landlord and Tenant Board
- Julia Doi - General Counsel and Secretary of the Board of Governors of Ryerson University, FACL Co-founder
- Avvy Go - Clinic Director of Metro Toronto Chinese & Southeast Asian Legal Clinic, Former Bencher of The Law Society of Upper Canada, FACL Co-founder
- May Cheng - Partner, Intellectual Property Group, Osler Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- Alicia Natividad, Founder and Principal, ASN Law Professional Corporation
- Janice Rubin - Co-founder and Co-managing Partner, Rubin Thomlinson LLP, and RT Workplace Training Inc., Toronto
Stayed tuned for other Committee activities including a joint mentorship event with the Ontario Bar Association's Women Lawyers' Forum: Advancing Women into Leadership, geared towards the career advancement of young female practitioners.