FACL Litigation Workshop Series Real Talk: The Life of a Litigator Episode 2: Personal Injury and Insurance Defence Speakers:
FACL Litigation Workshop Series
Real Talk: The Life of a Litigator
Episode 2: Personal Injury and Insurance Defence
Speakers: Peter Cho (Smitiuch Injury Law) and Joyce Tam (Thomas Gold Pettingill LLP)
August 17, 2022, 5-6:15 PM via Zoom
To RSVP: click here
Join us for a multi-episode mentorship series on what it means to be a litigator. Our expert panel of proven litigators will describe to you their day-to-day experiences in the courtroom and out. This series is meant to be an honest, informative, and entertaining look beyond the law itself, and into the real “Life of a Litigator.” Topics will include, but are not limited to:
- How being a litigator can affect your personal life and your family.
- How your place of work (boutique, large-law, in-house, government, etc.) drives your litigation experience.
- How to develop a written and oral litigation style.
- Gameday – How does one prepare for the argument itself?
- Winning and Losing – the greatest lessons from both.
- Switching seats – moving from second chair to first chair in the courtroom.
- Arguing the unpopular argument – separating yourself from your client’s best interests.
- Find out how being a litigator affects your identity as a lawyer, within the profession and outside of it.
Our diverse range of panelists are all courtroom tested lawyers who come from all walks of life in the litigation arena: Civil, Criminal, Regulatory, Commercial, Government, In-house, Boutique, Large Law, Partners, Associates, Juniors, Trial Lawyers, Appellate Lawyers, and more.
If you are in the beginning stages of your litigation practice or are contemplating a career as the champion of your client’s cause in our nation’s courts and tribunals, this series is a “must-see” event for you. We look forward to having you join us.
To RSVP: click here
(Wednesday) 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm